istockphoto-576713768-170667a.jpg

Trek the wastelands of old america, it's been 13 odd-years since people woke up as the Rotten.They first appeared after the 'Green Fog' Incident, only the Rotless survived.The Rotless are the immune ones, making up less than 3% of the world's population. Ever since those odd years, The Rotten has mutated. With no signs of their evolution ceasing. Are they here to replace us? Is the disease sentient? There's been foretold of a lab with security systems that can detect The Rotten & will protect all Rotless. In there, is heaven, out here the deadlands.
Survival is key, be careful of your friends, be careful of your enemies. 

[Genre: post-apocalyptic. Simple Roleplay, anything and everything is possible keep it friendly. Be in or out of character if you want I dont mind. But make sure you make it obvious if you switch to out and in character. ]

Walking through the empty streets, lau tired his search for water and food for today it was getting dangerous to stay out any later without find shelter. 

In the silence lau heard scuffing and rocks move so he turn quickly, raising his only weapon. An aluminum bat. Lau hated guns. They got more people killed then they saved, Even before the apocalypse.  So a melee weapon it was.

Not want to stay out in the open for too long lau cautiously went to another building near by. Peering in first to check if it was safe. 

'please be no rotten, please be no rotten' lau repeated this mantra over and over in his head in Hopes there would be anything in the building.

~Hngh~  "Whoa!!!" ~Thud~

"You learned your lesson yet? Huh?" Bren was  yelling at another man as he slid away from him. They were both scuffing and fighting near by outside. Bren was best the other guy having him in a choke hold, til Bren was elbowed in the side. the other man took this time to scurry to his feet and start running.

"I thought you were a big shot? Where did that cockiness go?" He said as he Flaunted his arms up, chasing after the man.

2 hours ago, XiX Innoc said:

~Hngh~  "Whoa!!!" ~Thud~

"You learned your lesson yet? Huh?" Bren was  yelling at another man as he slid away from him. They were both scuffing and fighting near by. Bren was best the other guy having him in a choke hold, til Bren was elbowed in the side. the other man took this time to scurry to his feet and start running.

"I thought you were a big shot? Where did that cockiness go?" He said as he Flaunted his arms up, chasing after the man.

Lau heard the fighting nearby and stopped searching the building he was in. he tightened his grip on his bat to prepare himself but he keep it low. Lau peeked around the corner to see two men going at it. Lau didn't know if he should intervene of if running was the option. this was all surprising cause he hasn't seen another person in awhile. let along two. and they both were fighting. 

"I hope i am not going to regret this."

Lau stepped out and shouted, "Hey!! I got a weapon. and if you guys keep that up you might attract The Rotten." he pause and stepped out.

"For the sake of all of us, stop it."

Lau was serious and tried to reflect the best he could with his voice and tone. 

I cautiously spotted a deer in the distance. I was hiding behind a broken down car watching through a hole. I already had a arrow drawn, I focused & slowed down my heartbeat.

'5'

'4'

'3'

'2'

'1'

Thud!

The deer was struck in the head. I paused for rotten to appear. I quietly put my bow away & swapped to my crowbar. I watched my surroundings, not a peep or a sight. I lightly jogged to the felled deer, It was bigger than I expected. 

'This is a good haul...This should last me a week.'  I put my crowbar away & unsheathed my hunting knife, lay the deer on it's back quickly made incisions only cutting the hide, to skin it.  I pull out my very own hide sack to put the extracted meat inside. I quickly begin to quarter the deer, trying to avoid bone cutting until it's the last thing I do. I put quickly put slabs of meat into the sack grabbing pinches of salt from my side to sprinkle into the sack. then finally I looked around for any rotten then with confirmed safety I cut through bones quickly & threw in some ribs with pinches of salt. 

I was finished, I closed my sack  & put it into my backpack. wiped down my hunting knife, then I pulled out my crowbar & ran to the nearest building for cover. 

"Hey!! I got a weapon. and if you guys keep that up you might attract The Rotten." Said by a man who was hiding. Bren looked back to where he heard the voice before grabbing the other man. 'Someone's watchin' us huh?' He thought to himself as he rose his fist to punch the other guy. "This is for muggin' people!"

~thmp~....

The third man stepped out and shouted Before the second punch. "For the sake of all of us, stop it." Bren stopped and looked at him. Bren the person he was holding go. "So nice of you to show yourself!" Bren said to the man holding a bat. "Have you seen any rotten around? I haven't." He asked the man with the bat.

20 hours ago, XiX Innoc said:

"Hey!! I got a weapon. and if you guys keep that up you might attract The Rotten." Said by a man who was hiding. Bren looked back to where he heard the voice before grabbing the other man. 'Someone's watchin' us huh?' He thought to himself as he rose his fist to punch the other guy. "This is for muggin' people!"

~thmp~....

The third man stepped out and shouted Before the second punch. "For the sake of all of us, stop it." Bren stopped and looked at him. Bren the person he was holding go. "So nice of you to show yourself!" Bren said to the man holding a bat. "Have you seen any rotten around? I haven't." He asked the man with the bat.

"That's the point isn't it?" Lau looked around. "They aren't around, but keep that up and we'll all be running." Lau put his bat down and rubbed his eyes. "And between me and you, I know most of this area hasn't been lotted for it's worth yet. We don't want rotten setting up camp making things harder for any of us looking for a meal." Lau looked at the other man. he wasn't an aggressive person so since the situation, at least in his eyes was dying down, he relaxed a little. loosening his clench on his bat.
*Sigh* 
"Hey, I'm lau." 
Lau wasn't use to this world yet and his manners showed that.
"You said mug right?" Lau looked at the guy laying on the floor. "What did he take?"

"A man wanders this world with one thing in mind. Anything that gets in his way is as good as dead."

Ken wandered around an abandoned desert not expecting much of what had already become of what used to be. He approached a rotten punching a hole in it's head as a few more came. He poked each on a pressure point on top of their forehead, they soon exploded into violent masses of guts and tissue. He was only trying to find a food source before he starved.

@Fae

"That's the point isn't it?" Lau looked around. "They aren't around, but keep that up and we'll all be running." Lau put his bat down and rubbed his eyes. "And between me and you, I know most of this area hasn't been lotted for it's worth yet. We don't want rotten setting up camp making things harder for any of us looking for a meal." Lau looked at the other man. he wasn't an aggressive person so since the situation, at least in his eyes was dying down, he relaxed a little. loosening his clench on his bat.
*Sigh* 
"Hey, I'm lau."

Bren looked at Lau up amd down. before answering speaking. "You got a point there. This is place looks like it wasn't touched." Bren said to Lau as he calmed down. "You said mug right?" Lau looked at the guy laying on the floor. "What did he take? Bren turned to the guy on the floor and picked him up. "This class A jackass was trying to mug a woman and her child." He looked at the man. "He woulda' did it if I didn't step in and knock some since into him." Bren said to Lau before pushing the man off of him."My name's Been by the way" He said to Lau

My backpack felt only slightly heavy...wasn't anything I was already used to. I started to make my trek quietly & out of sight, it was time to go back to the farm. In some of the windows of the buildings I could see figures moving slowly.

'...getting back to the outskirts might take a bit.' I thought. I calmed my breath, the sun was still in the sky as I trekked through the city to only pause at a few checkpoints to rest & use my energy wisely. 

I eventually reached the outskirts where the city met the desert of what used to be a forest now abandoned & dry.

I see my farmhouse being surrounded by a fence covered in sand colored privacy screen along the perimeter.  

I then arrived to the back gate & input the code in the number pad & it let me in.

I shut the door behind me, inside the farm doors was a garden of fruits & vegetables.

The skylight from the roof & the water on the vegetables made them glisten.

Every morning It automatically sprays down the garden for 10 minutes it must be 12pm if they are still wet.

I hung up my crowbar on the wall before I entered the next door across the vegetable room.

I entered the meat room, I lay out the slabs of meat to cook them. 

I been living like this for a long time now...the farm once bustling with laughter & joy is now quiet & in fear.

'I miss the old days.' I think to myself.

@XiX Innoc Lau - Bren in the city 

Lau looked at the man being picked up. 
"No use in beating him further. if he bleeds to much.. if he bleeds they will come." Lau got antsy. the air started to fill thicker and thicker a by product of the rotten. 
Lau grabbed the mans head and saw blood dripping from a scrap. only a few drops hit the pavement.
~Drip Drip~
"Oh no."
Lau prepared himself and started to walk backwards. "Listen the air is getting thicker. that means THEY are getting closer!" Lau pointed at the bleeding man. "They smell him and they are coming. 'When the air in nothing but something to choke on, all man should make their way gone.'   It was a rhyme Lau made up,
Lau was about to leave, but he turned back around  while skipping backwards. 
"Come with me man, i'm heading to a farm in the south." Lau entered a slow jog "It hasn't been touched yet, not completely yet."

Lau rushed in the Farms direction 'South,'  He repeated in his head. He Jumped over obstacles and enter a full sprint. 

~Rwer Thrau~

The rotten could be heard In the distance, enticed by the drips from the mans head.

@Butler/ @Kenshiro Lau heading to the farm.
Through out that time Lau kept his head straight for the farm. he did not turn around. he didnt not pause. he kept spear head. eventually making it there. the farm had low security, and was wide. spanning many acres. Lau looked at the gates and scanned his eyes across the property. He then ducked. 'this place has upkeep' he said to himself. 'no way it just stayed like that, someones here.'  

Lau gripped his bat unsure "Well, hope you are welcoming of strangers my friends." his said in a comedic relief way to easy his weary mind.

Little did he know, he brought some Rotten with him. blood smeared on the sleeve of his jean jacket and a few smell it. just a tiny fraction of the hoard. but they were coming.

Ken finds a place of solice.

Ken was wandering the desert until he noticed a small shape configuring itself right in front of him. He sped up his walking seeing a person had gone in there. As well as a few rotten continuing after him, the good person ken was, He ran toward the rotten's punching each of them in the lower gut on a point to where only their legs imploded. As he striked them he yet out a slightly high pitched spirit cry. "Ata!" He awaited a reaction from the stranger knowing one would most definetely happen.

Lau stood there, shocked from what he just saw. A man or whatever he was, made the rotten pop like balloons. 

Their body was flashed apart, Lau could barely keep up with what he was seeing. 

Lau raised his bat. "Who are you?"  Lau was as confused as ever. 'How could a person do that'

After all Lau has seen, this tops it all. 'Is he a rotten, a mutated rotten' Lau stammered backwards trying to catch his bearings. He didn't look infected but he didnt do normal things either. 

"..a-ata?" 'What does that mean' Lau thought to himself. This noise reassured lau abit cause rotten don't make such noises. The bat was lower just slightly, but lau was still cautious. 

"The names kenshiro.. You can call me ken, and what you just saw was the 4000 year old martial art by the name of hokuto shinken." He walked towards lau easing his body movements to make him seem less intimidating.

After all not many people have witnessed something like this. 

"Now what is your name, sir?"

@Kenshiro

Lau lowered the bat completely, after all a rotten would never introduce itself.

"4000 year old martial arts? Eh?." 

'This guy is either nuts or telling the truth.'  Lau  thought to himself.

'no point in making him an enemy after all that.'  Lau sighed. 

"My names Lau, in just trying to survive." Placing that bat at his side. "No offense," he looked at the bat, slightly embarrassed for getting up in arms. "People dont see what you just did everyday." Lau tried excusing his ill manners. 

"But are you infected or anything. I have only seen infected with strength like that?"

'Maybe he was a rare type of pure.' Lau thought as Ken Approached.

"Infected? So that's what those horrible creatures are called. I am not infected in any way shape of form for that i know." 

A loud growl could be heard from behind them as a horrific monster with razor sharp claws standing at 20 feet tall slammed it's fists into the ground. 

It began speaking. "I am going to send you to hell!"

"I will send you too hell!" Lau fell to his feet horrified. 

"Ahhh!." 

Lau stammered back up, raising his bat. He looked at the mutated and back to his bat

'This will not do..' Lau thought to himself. Lau looked around for a way or something that could help. He panicked alittle as he frantically looked for a solution. The field was wide that they were in. so out running this thing seemed nearly impossible, without obstacles in the way. And those arms were horrific. At the ends of them they had sharp claws that extended as long as swords.

Razor sharp was it claws and brutal was its voice as it ripped through the air. Almost enough to harm your ears if you were up close.

Lau stepped back

"What do we do? I at a total lose here. I dont fight the mutated! I run!." 

Lau continued to move away and back.

"Monster! Choose where you are going to die!" Ken said as he jumped in the air narrowly avoiding the dangerous blades until he landed jumping again.

This time the monster nearly landed the strike as ken struck both of it's hands they exploded. 

The know handless monster tried to bight kenshiro just to get poked in the face 7 times in the shape of the big dipper. 

"You are already dead!" Kenshiro said as the monsters head exploded violently as he walked away.

Ken began walking away from the creature towards lau.